Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Advertise here
      MTV$
      Thanks

Pastoring and politicking - which is a way to get rich faster

Pastoring a church and being a politician which of these is a way to be much stinkingly richer than the other, some said pastors are making money by the motley congregation that troops to church and some said politician makes free money just to sit down in their sitting.

2. # ADS
      Advertise here Circuit advertisement

MTV$
      Thanks

Re: Pastoring and politicking - which is a way to get rich faster

what do you gain if you gain the world and loss your soul that mostly comes from pastors and its true so if you say making money as a pastor then you got it wrong cos in the house of God we get rich if we do what we have to do.
      BUT THAT OF POLITIC IF YOU see it as a money market then you are among those who want to kill the good work of politic cos politics has done us too many good by bringing democracy our way so if you see it as a place where you go and make a whole lot of loot for your self you go way from it we dont want your type in it

MTV$
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by segiade View Post
      Pastoring a church and being a politician which of these is a way to be much stinkingly richer than the other, some said pastors are making money by the motley congregation that troops to church and some said politician makes free money just to sit down in their sitting.
      I dont know what's your problem with the church, huh?
      Why dont you live the affairs of the church for God, or when has he made you judge over his church.

no11 evo road G.R.A phase2 port harcourt, rivers state, nigeria
      MTV$
      Thanks

politic is the most faster way to make money than pastoring, with politic you have control over the incomes of the country, not a church, not a company, the country as a whole, so you will earn more than pastoring...

MTV$
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joe4christ View Post
      I dont know what's your problem with the church, huh?
      Why dont you live the affairs of the church for God, or when has he made you judge over his church.
      I am not a judge, the scripture has said it all, that do not judge that you may not be judged, God is the Judge. But here, I am only seeking your viewpoints on the occupation that brings in more money than the other, to me, the politicians makes more money than the pastors.

MTV$
      Thanks

Many among the ranks of the people of the cloth die very, very poor. So I guess following the religious calling is not really the best way to get "stinkingly rich," if you allow me to borrow your phrase. The greater tendency of those who follow their religious vocation is to give up what they already have.

Of course, this is not to say of the religious orders and groups. Many religious orders and groups, especially the older ones, are very, very rich. New religious orders and groups are poor though and subsist mostly on charity from followers and from all and sundry.

Not many politicians die very, very poor. In many cases, they end up better off than when they started.

But there are exceptions too even among politicians. Well, they are not exactly politicians, but rather statesmen. Mahatma Gandhi, for example. Churchill called him the "naked fakir." I think one of the Presidents of India, Mr. Lal Bahadur Shastri, if I remember right, could also be called a politician, but he died very poor I think, if I am correct...

And there are people who got rich without becoming pastors or politicians.

MTV$
      Thanks

@ rogerbantiles, you have said well, pastors or religious leaders even if they make money they expend it on charity and their followers unlike the politicians that make money spend it on frivolity and pleasure who in turn will not benefit the society.

MTV$
      Thanks

@ rogerbantiles, you have said well, pastors or religious leaders even if they make money they expend it on charity and their followers unlike the politicians that make money spend it on frivolity and pleasure who in turn will not benefit the society.

MTV$
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by segiade View Post
      I am not a judge, the scripture has said it all, that do not judge that you may not be judged, God is the Judge. But here, I am only seeking your viewpoints on the occupation that brings in more money than the other, to me, the politicians makes more money than the pastors.
      Dont be cannal minded boy, you should be careful when doing thing that has links with the supernatural forces, they are real mehn, never again should you use the church to compare anything else soyou dont bite the finger that fed you, remember the eyes & ears of the almighty are constantly alert, so be carefull

MTV$
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rogerbantiles View Post
      Many among the ranks of the people of the cloth die very, very poor. So I guess following the religious calling is not really the best way to get "stinkingly rich," if you allow me to borrow your phrase. The greater tendency of those who follow their religious vocation is to give up what they already have.

Of course, this is not to say of the religious orders and groups. Many religious orders and groups, especially the older ones, are very, very rich. New religious orders and groups are poor though and subsist mostly on charity from followers and from all and sundry.

Not many politicians die very, very poor. In many cases, they end up better off than when they started.

But there are exceptions too even among politicians. Well, they are not exactly politicians, but rather statesmen. Mahatma Gandhi, for example. Churchill called him the "naked fakir." I think one of the Presidents of India, Mr. Lal Bahadur Shastri, if I remember right, could also be called a politician, but he died very poor I think, if I am correct...

And there are people who got rich without becoming pastors or politicians.
      Lal Bahadur Shastri was the second Prime Minister of India, NOT a President of India. Sorry for the mistake. He indeed died poor, just like Mahatma Gandhi.

He died abroad in office. The cause of his death is still shrouded in mystery, however.

I hope this has served to enrich the discussion.

MTV$
      Thanks

Let's just appreciate the work of God and not compare it with worldly afairs, yes i know the church has many currupt people who are tanishing the image of christ and his church, but only christ knows those who are truly his, so leave the church to God who is the owner of the church.

MTV$
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joe4christ View Post
      Let's just appreciate the work of God and not compare it with worldly afairs, yes i know the church has many currupt people who are tanishing the image of christ and his church, but only christ knows those who are truly his, so leave the church to God who is the owner of the church.
      Dear Friend,

It would be good if you do not avoid talking about the works of God and those who labor in His vineyard. Christ listened to His parents, to Martha, to Zacheus, to children, to his Apostles and disciples. He even engaged in debates with the learned and not so learned in the temple.

There are a lot of things that can be learned from others. If what the others are saying are not true, then you can still be thankful because those words can serve as a warning, so that you will not fall into the trap whereof the person speaks.

The sin of pride can also be manifested by unwillingness to listen to others. And pride is one of the vehicles of the tempter to lead the unwary astray. The churches have always been strengthened by listening. They have fallen when they closed their eyes and ears. If the principles you carry are really true, then whatever the others will say cannot destroy it. So why be afraid to question and be questioned, to listen and to learn?

MTV$
      Thanks

Trust me in my country, i would go for pastoring. If you are a politician and you can easily be prosecuted if you steal public fund7 but that is not the case for pastors. If a pastor embezels church money, all he needs to say is 'God said' and that is the final.

Thread Information